Established in Pembroke for more than 25 years
Masters of Social Work , Dual MA in Adult and Special Education (O.I.S.E.), Addictions Care Worker, Trauma Stress Management, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Child Protection, Special Education Specialist, Learning Disabilities, ADHD.
Values as a counsellor: Confidentiality, integrity, critical, independent judgement, taking a holistic perspective to adapt treatments to client wishes and needs.
My 100-acre, Canadian Shield escarpment provides a sanctuary for all living things. There I like to hike among the primeval that luckily escaped the 1880's County fire, as well as take care of rescue/pets (dogs, cats, horses, and others). Staying physically active through swimming, weights, and hikes is an important aspect of my daily routine.
I enjoy studying history, social sciences, economics, mechanics, philosophy and metaphysics - a little bit of everything. Photography is another source of enjoyment, especially capturing sky landscapes.
- PRIMARY: Didactic psychotherapy involving internalized learning of: psycho-analysis; cognitive-behavioural therapy; and psycho-dynamic therapy, including use of diaphragmatic breathing and guided imagery (12 yrs.). Used in sessions as well as in debriefings throughout the province for all national and internationally Canadian represented counselling and trauma care providers.
- SECONDARY: Diverse Counselling educational backgrounds: MSW (Laurentian U./St. Paul's U./Ottawa U.). Certifications in: Child Protection (Waterloo U.); Addictions CareWorker (McMaster U.), Advanced Trauma Management (Trauma Management Group), and Alternative Dispute Resolution (Western U.); Dual MA in Research Adult/Special Education/Community Development (O.I.S.E../U. of T.).
- Additional Teacher Qualifications include: Reading and Writing; Secondary English and Secondary History; Design and Technology; Health and Physical Education; and Co-op; and, third level special education specialist qualification in learning disabilities (at York U., U. of T., Ottawa U.) .
- TERTIARY: Gained teaching experience ranging from from grades JK to High School within 10 province-wide school Boards, including both Renfrew County Boards (FSL, principally).
- In public and private teaching assignments, I used: M.A. in Social Anthropology (U. of T.); 3-year concurrent B. Ed. (York); History B.A.(York), English B.A. (York), Psychology B.A.(Laurentian U.), Gerontology B.A. (Laurentian U.); Social Anthropology/Psychology/Sociology Hons. B.A. (U. of T.), to teach: under-graduate social science programs at York U., Psychology at Canadore College. Social Work courses and student placement practica for Seneca College, Ryerson U., Carleton U., and U. of T..
- Used a combination of educational backgrounds, including Holistic Health certifications and registrations for: Humber College(diverse Holistic Health practices); Georgian College (Nutrition, Iridology, Massage Therapy, Reflexology and ESL) and Algonquin College, Pembroke Campus (Massage Therapy, Reflexology, Herbology, Homeopathy, Nutrition/Iridology, business practices, (published course text), team dynamics, team leadership and communications, resume writing, goal prioritization, and Physics for military radio operators, including text.
- Taught within private technical schools, institutions and manufactures: Sutherland-Chan School of Massage Therapy; Institute of Technical Trades (QA, Advanced Statistical Process Control, Blue Print Reading/High School Math); and, The Eutectic-Castolin Institute (maintenance and repair welding, metallurgy/engineering, 18 years); YMCA, TRW Industries, and Alcan. Counselling services and psycho-social assessments for Warrior's Support; Community dispute resolution for CFB Petawawa,
- Volunteer Work: Toronto Free Health Clinic; Consumer's Gas, Phoenix Centre; Renfrew Country Catholic School Board; Men Living Without Violence (Psycho-Educator for 4 years); McKay Manor (75 hrs.); Pathways Addiction Referral Service (175 hrs); Petawawa Military Community Council; Bereaved Families of Ontario; Boards of Directors for: North Renfrew Long Term Care, and Pembroke Business Improvement Area.
Academic Professional Reference
Get the help you deserve today.